Sefton LSCB Escalation Procedure
Sefton LSCB has a multi-agency procedure for professional dispute and resolution. This procedure can be access via SEFTON LSCB inter-agency procedures (Section 17)
- This procedure has been developed by Sefton Local Safeguarding Children’s Board to ensure that there is a clear means for partner agencies to resolve any professional disagreements between practitioners regarding a specific child, in order to safeguard and promote the welfare of that young person.
- This procedure does no replace the statutory complaints process within partner agencies.
- This procedure is distinctly separate to the Practice Alert Procedure which is used by the IRO Service based within the Safeguarding Unit to draw attention to issues of practice or resourcing by an Independent Reviewing Officer.
- In line with Working Together to Safeguard Children partners are expected to adopt an open and transparent relationship to be effective and the LSCB is responsible for overseeing this and ensuring the effectiveness of the entire process, making sure that lessons are learned and that best practice and procedures are adhered to.
- The escalation procedure will support the swift resolution of professional disagreements and support staff how to escalate their concerns within the following context.
- Download a copy of the Flowchart - Escalating Concerns