Worried about a child?

Concerned about a child or young person

If you are worried that a child may be suffering significant harm, or if you are concerned that a child has suffered harm, neglect or abuse, please follow the advice below.

Referring to Sefton's Children's Services Social Care

  • "Report a Child at Risk" to Sefton Council Social Care.  Click to view Sefton Council's website "Report a child or young person at risk"

  • Members of the public can:

    • Call 0345 140 0845 (minicom 0151 934 4657) between 8am and 6pm.
    • Contact the emergency duty team on 0151 934 3555 for urgent advice outside of office hours (from 5.30pm Mon to Thurs, and 4.00pm Friday and weekends). If you think a child is in immediate danger call for police assistance.


If you are a professional making a referral

Please contact Sefton Council and use the online referral form process.